Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Don´t fool me mate!

Don't Fool Me, Mate!    Hou me niet voor de gek, maat! 


 A man has just turned 62, but is well known for his severe dementia condition. His doctor strongly advises him to use notes to help remember things. One night a friend pays visit to him, and they watch the World Cup on TV till the early hours of the next morning. After the game has reached its conclusion, the host rises from his chair and asks the guest what refreshment he would like to have. “Will you just get me a bowl of ice cream with hassel nuts and whip cream on top?” the guest says. “Sure,” replies the host. “Don’t you think you should write it down so you won’t forget?” “You're right,” says the host. “Let me get a pen and paper.” After about 62 minutes the host returns to the room and hands his guest a plate of bacon, eggs, baby spinach, tomato plus a toast. The guest stares at the plate for a moment and says, “Oh, that's not what I want. I asked for ice cream." The host double checks his note, and replies, “Don’t fool me mate, the written evidence shows at the time you didn’t ask for ice cream but wanted English breakfast.”


No comments: